Monday, February 18, 2013

Small Project Monday --- Nursery Window Valance

I spent this weekend in New York having a "girls weekend" with my baby sister and my mom.  We're decorating the nursery for my future nephew, who is due in May.  It was a last-minute trip but I missed my sister so much that I gave up a long weekend with my new toy (embroidery machine... oh, and also my husband and kids...) to come hang out with her. Yup, I love her that much!  :-)

I had already planned to make the window valances, crib skirt and quilt, though the shower isn't until late March so I thought I had time.   I decided to quickly make the valances to bring with me, so the nursery would start to look complete.


Here's one of them, hanging in my bedroom doorway before I came to New York (from Florida).  Convenient that her windows are the same size as my door, don't you think?  This guy has a twin and the bed skirt will be similar.

The green is yardage from Joann's and the polka dots came from this sheet set:


The elephant portion of those sheets became a different quilt for a different new baby boy.


~*~ May your day be full of Love and Ladybug Hugs ~*~

Thanks for stopping by! 
~ Kat ~

2 comments:

  1. Three cheers for your creativity! And how lucky for your sister to have you do the nursery...XOXO

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love the Valance.......such pretty, happy colors! I know you had a wonderful time with your "other" family and so nice that your husband and daughters shared you. :)

    ReplyDelete

~ Thanks for taking the time to leave me some feedback! ~