I finally finished up the last project for my first box of donation items to Udderly Pink, a set of two kitchen towels. (Come back tomorrow to see how you can help support them, too!)
I got those in the mail yesterday, along with the 2 needle cushions for my 1 Year Blogiversary and 100th Post giveaway winners. Also in the mail are these 3 table runners, for my friend Adrienne in Phoenix.
The striped runners are for her bedroom --- dresser and nightstand.
The paisley runner is for the TV stand in her living room.
Adrienne picked these fabrics when I visited her in Phoenix in January.
Now that those small projects are done, I have moved on to the quilt I'm making my sister for her new baby's nursery. The shower is on the 30th and I just started this yesterday. Whoops! After the quilt, I still need to make a diaper stacker, a boppy cover, a car seat tent (quilt) and hopefully a few other items. I've got a lot of work to do!!
She really loved this quilt, but the colors weren't quite right. So, I made a quilt top with her nursery colors / fabrics and started adding monkeys to match the ones on her nursery wall.
The background (squares/rectangles) part of the quilt took less than 45 minutes.
Cutting out those monkeys took about 45 hours!
I've appliqued down the 2 tree branches and 1 monkey tail so far. Once the monkey outlines are complete, I'll add the faces, bellies, ears and some green leaves. Oh, and a banana :-).
Here's the nursery wall again.... The monkeys on the quilt will match the 3 monkeys on the right side of the window.
~*~ May your day be full of Love and Ladybug Hugs ~*~
Thanks for stopping by!
~ Kat ~