Friday, March 15, 2013

Support Breast Cancer Research & Receive a Free Pattern!

If you have read my blog in the past, you probably know that a good friend of mine (Luanne) and her team (Udderly Pink) are preparing to walk in the Susan G. Komen 3-Day (60 mile) breast cancer awareness walk  in Washington, DC in October.  This is Luanne's 5th time participating in this event and her team has a goal to raise $15,000 in the next few months.  They're well on their way but I recently sent them a box of goodies I'm hoping they can raffle, auction or sell to help raise money for their team.

One of the items was this HOPE quilt, along with a smaller (but similar) version*.  (You can see more photos here, in addition to the two below.)




I have put together a pattern for making these two quilts, and will email a PDF version of it as a THANK YOU to anyone who donates $10.00 or more to my friend Luanne and/or her team.  I know that might seem a little expensive for a PDF pattern, but you're not buying a pattern, you're making a donation to a great cause and receiving a free pattern as a Thank You gift.

Here's how it works:
  1. Follow this link, which will take you to the team fundraising / donation page for Team Udderly Pink.  
  2. On the bottom left of the page is a table with a list of the team members.  You can click on any name to read more about their personal goals for this event.  (My friend is Luanne, but you can choose any member you'd like.)
  3. Once you have selected your team member and are on their page, look for the pink button on the top left that says, "Click to donate to name in 2013."
  4. Follow the instructions to make your donation directly to Susan G. Komen on behalf of the team member you have selected.  All major credit cards are accepted.  By going through this site, you know the donation is going straight to the cause and will count for the team member you have chosen.  You will receive a receipt (via email) from "Susan G. Komen 3-Day."  You can use this towards a charitable donation deduction on your taxes and if you work for a company that matches charitable contributions, you can use this form to request a match.  The donation is in your name, not mine, and you know it's going to the right place.
  5. Email me a copy of your receipt / donation confirmation email from Susan G. Komen --- my email address is kathydipp (at) hotmail (dot) com.  There is no credit card information in the email, but you can delete out the attachment and any other info you don't want me to see, before you send it my way.
  6. Within 2 days (usually sooner, but just in case my computer blows up or something), I will email you back with a copy of the pattern for the 2 quilts shown above.

I know this is a bit more cumbersome than buying from an online shop -- but those shops take a % and you don't get credit for a charitable donation.   If you prefer not to use a credit card online and would prefer to donate via Paypal, email me and we can work that out.  (I'd have you Paypal the money to me, and I would then make the donation on your behalf.)

If you have any questions, please let me know, and thanks in advance for your support of Team Udderly Pink and the Susan G. Komen foundation!


* The pattern details:
The HOPE quilt measures ~ 42" x 58" before washing.  The Baby quilt version measures ~ 42' x 50" before washing.  The pattern is 10 pages long, including the patterns for the "HOPE" letters.  The pattern is a beginner level and goes together very quickly.  It can be modified in numerous ways (colors, lettering, size) to be appropriate for all occasions and personal preferences.  It includes color photos for any steps which are not considered "sewing 101."  




Please note that I am not selling a pattern, I am providing a pattern as a THANK YOU for any donation of $10.00 or more to the Susan G Komen 3-day for Team Udderly Pink.


~*~ May your day be full of Love and Ladybug Hugs ~*~

Thanks for stopping by!
~ Kat ~

1 comment:

  1. Hi Kat, Love your "Hope" quilt! I see you recently used letters on a quilt. How fun and for a very good cause. I have a friend who had a mastectomy less than 3 weeks ago.

    ReplyDelete

~ Thanks for taking the time to leave me some feedback! ~