Friday, November 15, 2013

Little Frogs Quilt for Kids


I made this quilt in June 2008, for my daughter Jessica's 2nd birthday.
I called it "Hoppy" Birthday.  (Brilliant, eh?  LOL)
I still wish I'd used that dark purple for the binding, too!


I had lots of frog fabric left in my stash so when my mom told me her church group was making quilts to donate to Quilts for Kids, I decided to pull it out and finally use (most of) it up.  The top has been done for about 6 weeks, I just finally found time to do the quilting and binding last weekend.



I got to practice my FMQ a little bit.  I still need lots of practice!



The back is the same pink with the tiny purple box-shaped dots.
This measures 45" x 50" after washing.


While I really love subtle, girly colors, I need to break myself out of my shell and use some of the bright, colorful fabrics in my stash.  I always tend to do "matchy match" (as my daughter Rachel calls it).  Hoping my next quilt will be much different from this one.


~*~ May your day be full of Love and Ladybug Hugs ~*~
Thanks for stopping by!
~ Kat ~

6 comments:

  1. Lovely colours, and quilts that have been loved and used are so special. Cheers, Jean.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Adorable! Time to try out the brights!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love the purple and pink together............both of the quilts are lovely and surely warm too!................and, hey look.............you fulfilled your desire on the binding of the first one by doing it on the second! Your FMQ is really coming along!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Yey, great free motion quilting!! I really like those colours together, I don't think they're matchy match. Great, great saying, BTW. xx

    ReplyDelete
  5. I don't know how I missed this post weeks ago...chalk it up to being overworked:-D Love the frogs and the colours are perfect!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Beautiful! Your free motion quilting really goes well with the lovely patched blocks! Wishing you lots of happy stitching time from California, xoxo, Amy

    ReplyDelete

~ Thanks for taking the time to leave me some feedback! ~