Sunday, November 10, 2013

Journal cover experiment

I decided that this year's holiday teacher gift would be a journal cover, using a composition notebook. I'm planning to personalize them for each teacher and have seen some awesome tutorials around the net. However, never being one to follow instructions well, I just measured my book, grabbed a few pieces from a batik jelly roll and dove right in. This one will be for my own project notebook, so I was going more for "decent measurements" than perfection or over-the-top creativity.

This is also my first time uploading pictures to Blogger from my iPhone, so hopefully the photo quality is at least OK.

This was fairly simple to make, it came together in under an hour.  

Front, back, inside


Inside with my composition book added.  I love this one because it has graph paper instead of just lines... good for sketching things out when I need to for a project I'm playing with.


~*~ May your day be full of Love and Ladybug Hugs ~*~
Thanks for stopping by!
~ Kat ~

4 comments:

  1. Kat, that is great, super colours and I do like the strips. Good thinking to get these projects done early, I'm very much a last minute person, and then it gets TOO late altogether. Greetings, Jean.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great experiment...but I would expect no less from you, my friend, XOXO

    ReplyDelete
  3. what a great idea for teacher gifts! Everyone loves something made especially for them.....I finally stopped using my Nikon and now I use my iPhone for all my photos........I think the quality is decent and it is so much easier..........xoxox

    ReplyDelete
  4. That is such a great idea for a teacher. I know they will love them.

    ReplyDelete

~ Thanks for taking the time to leave me some feedback! ~