Wednesday, January 16, 2013

OMG, it's FMQ!

I finally finished the back for the Phoenix quilt.  Nothing like a deadline to get a girl moving!


Not only is the back done, but it is basted and almost completely quilted.  This has to be bound, washed and dried before Thursday night (if I plan to deliver it in person) so I was going easy on the FMQ.... until I got to the part where it was time to make the binding.  I so don't like that part.  I decided to get brave and try a little bit of (very) basic "design" in one of the borders.  (My standard "FMQ" -- if you can even call it that -- is a very wide meander that looks pretty much like seaweed.)

Can you see those petal looking things in the wide black border?  I'm so proud!!  LOL

Some days it's the little things!


~*~ May your day be full of Love and Ladybug Hugs ~*~

Thanks for stopping by!
~ Kat ~

4 comments:

  1. And so you should be.As you know when I do FMQ ,I go through my nail.....quilt looks lovely,and I love all the black and white prints on the back.
    Your friend will be over the moon.
    Laura xxx

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm proud of you too, dear friend...those petals are perfect! Now, do you do ladybugs:-D???

    ReplyDelete
  3. Woop!! That looks A-mazing, well done you! Next thing you know, you'll be making up all sorts of FMQ patterns and you'll not need me at all...sniff...

    ReplyDelete

~ Thanks for taking the time to leave me some feedback! ~