I'm excited that this little quilt has been received by its new owner, the 2nd little granddaughter of a life-long friend. As you can probably guess, the baby's name is Aria.
I was inspired by this quilt from Moda Bake Shop, but I did not use the pattern. I started with 6.5" squares and added Aria's name to the banner row. All the fabrics are from my stash and it was fun to use them, remembering all the original quilts they came from. Finished size is approzimately 36" x 54".
This was my first ever attempt at tramputo. Though it was fairly simple and I like the effect, I think it would probably look better on wider appliques. It was very nice on the flower, but almost lost on the thin stem, leaves and letters.
I did a FMQ sqiggle around the outside of the tramputo on the banner row, to make the tramputo pop a bit more.
I used my walking foot to quilt straight(ish), parallel(ish) lines on the diagonal through the rest of the quilt.
The back is the same as the binding -- bright pink with lime green polka dots. You can see it peeking out a tiny bit in the photo below.
~*~ May your day be full of Love and Ladybug Hugs ~*~
Thanks for stopping by!
~ Kat ~