Thursday, June 21, 2012

My Sister the Fairy

My "baby" sister (Sarah) flew in last Friday night, to surprise my little one for her 6th birthday party on Saturday.  What a treat to have my sister here for 6 full days!  She hasn't been to Florida in almost 2 years and we haven't seen her in over 6 months.  Way too long!  She left this morning (very sad!), but exactly 1 month from today, we'll be flying to New York to see her for 3 weeks.  I'm already counting the days!


Sewing was not my focus this week, but I did manage to get 10 of these little babies done:


These are the beginning of my "summer (hand) sewing project" that I'll take to New York with me, so I won't go through complete withdrawal without my sewing machine.  Those yellow hexies are sitting on the other project I worked on this week, but still can't tell you about. 


If you've read my blog before, you may remember that I had a very long project list for May.  One of the items I did not get done was to compile my running scrapbook.  I mentioned that I was waiting for the Scrapbook Fairy to come to my house.   Guess what?!?  She did!!!  Her name is Sarah and it turns out, I've been related to her all her life.  *LOVE* this sister of mine!  (You'll have to believe me when I say the pages look much better in person than my poor photography skills would imply.)



These 2 are from the first 5k I ever ran, the Freedom 5K on September 11, 2011.  I was not fast, but I was proud!  My "baby" cousin (who is in the Air Force) ran with me, and I made a "Heroes" shirt which included the names of friends, family and friends of friends who have served in the US Military.



This is the first 5k I ran with my sister, in October 2011.  It was also the first time I'd ever run up (or down!) a hill.  


Thanksgiving 2011 "Race 4 the Pies" (4-mile run) 


My most recent race and best time yet... a full 1:40 below my goal time.



And just because I'm in a picture mood today, here are a few from Jessica's birthday party last weekend.  


Jessica (the birthday girl) is riding Princess.  


Rachel (who is growing her beautiful copper hair so she can donate it to Locks of Love) found a baby chicken with the same gorgeous coloring.




~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
I don't have much to share so I won't be linking up this week, but I'll be checking out your updates via these  Friday Linky Parties!

Confessions of a Fabric Addict for "Whoop Whoop Friday"
Sew Many Ways for "Find a Friend Friday"
Pieceful Life for "Show Off Friday" 
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

~*~ May your day be full of Love and Ladybug Hugs ~*~


Thanks for stopping by!
~ Kat ~

2 comments:

  1. Rachel's hair is gorgeous--from one redhead to another. Mine was never quite that red, but I do love the copper colored locks! Great for you at beating your goal!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love the cute ladybug & butterfly hexagons! Adorable! I love the chance to have a handsewing project going - so English Paper Piecing has become a favorite of mine!

    ReplyDelete

~ Thanks for taking the time to leave me some feedback! ~